Explore Brooke Walker-Knoblich's paintings on her website
www.PortraitsbyBrooke.com

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ARTober & Community Events

A couple months ago I mentioned that I will not be holding any more gallery exhibits of my work til the new series is unveiled in February 2012. However, as the holiday season quickly approaches, I have decided to participate in several festivals and art auctions that benefit local Sacramento Schools and Art Programs. I hope that you will be able to attend some of them this month!


October launches a new festival in Sacramento: ARTober. Throughout the entire month, Sacramento will celebrate the arts and humanities throughout the city... in the streets, on the stages, in the galleries, at the museums, and in community parks! I have been invited to participate in their Modern Arts Festival on Saturday Oct 15th. This will be a great opportunity to not only purchase original art, prints and cards directly from me (gallery shows take a huge commission) but to also experience a live portrait drawing session! I will be sketching ink portraits at my booth on 20th street between J and K from noon to 6pm.


This Saturday, October 8th from 2-5pm, the Jesuit Highschool in Carmichael will host their annual fundraiser. The event is an awesome chance to collect work from many talented and prestigious artists AND simultaneously give back to the community! 50% of all sales go directly to the school. Unfortunately I will not be in attendence but I have given several pieces to the exhibit.


October 29th & 30th, the MAIYA Gallery (located at 2220 J Street, where I had my solo show for my Landscapes in June) will host the Silent Auction "What's in a Name?" The pieces up for bid will not have the artists' names visible. You may recognize an artist's style, but you won't know definitely who created the work unless you are the successful bidder! ALL PROCEEDS will fund scholarships for two El Camino High School seniors who will attend a college or university majoring in studio/fine art in the fall of 2012. The auction is from 1-6pm both days, followed by champagne receptions both Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment