Explore Brooke Walker-Knoblich's paintings on her website
www.PortraitsbyBrooke.com

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Last Local Exhibit for 2011

Looking back over the past 6 years (since I graduated college and began pursuing a career in painting) I can honestly say that 2011 has been one of the most exhilarating and intense years yet. Segueing into being a full-time artist--researching and planning exhibits every month, teaching painting and collaborating with local artists, and trying to produce new work consistently enough to keep growing--has been a challenge. Not that I ever had any misconceptions of how hard it would be to make a living in this economy/culture as an independent artist. But I've found that the creative freedom that self determination embodies trumps everything. And it makes me realize why it's so important to have artists in a world wrought with acquiescence.

2012 promises to be another spectacular year, with 2 solo gallery exhibitions in Sacramento already planned. After the 2110 Gallery accepted my proposal for a new body of work based on the local, Sacramento music scene, I have decided that my exhibit next week, "Portraits of Place," will be my final local show for 2011 so that I can pour all of my energy into the new series.


"Portraits of Place" will include a collection of about 30 paintings highlighting scenes from South America, France, Japan and Sacramento.

I hope you will all join me at the International House for the opening reception during the Davis Art About artwalk:
Friday, August 12th, from 6-8pm
Located at 10 College Park, Davis, CA.
*Wine and hors d'oeuvres served!

Thank you, as always, for your continued interest in my art. Non of this would be possible without your wonderful encouragement and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment