Explore Brooke Walker-Knoblich's paintings on her website
www.PortraitsbyBrooke.com

Monday, May 9, 2011

Artwalk Map

Every 2nd Saturday of every month, Sacramento has an artwalk. While most of the galleries in Sacramento county participate, Midtown is the hub, particularly now that it's getting warm. 2nd Saturdays are quite a scene and not the art viewing night of choice by the "purists". No, this Saturday, thousands of people may flood the streets, searching for the delta breeze as they squeeze their way through traffic stalemates around street performers.


Tribal Calling will perform their original Samba Parade and with their primal grooves you can't refuse you may just end up in one of their dance circles! As if there weren't enough art galleries to make the artwalk lively, many alternative venues also support their local artists... restaurants, salons, bars, insurance bureaus, health clinics, and impromptu booths litter every street, making Midtown the perfect 10 square blocks for a night of ecstatic culture.

Unfortunately I very rarely get to explore on 2nd Saturday as I usually have my own reception to attend. And this particular weekend I have 3 exhibits that include my work so obviously I won't be seen in a feathered hat, pulling random strangers into the Samba line. In lieu of hitting the pavement myself, I've created a map of all the exhibits/galleries/spectacles that are a must see and hopefully I can live vicariously through all of you!


This map places just a few of my favorite galleries, all within walking distance. There are many many other destinations worth checking out by bike or car. Visit 2nd Sat. Art Map

Tribal Calling begins their parade at J and 22nd at 6:30/7 and dances along the route indicated by the red dots. You can join them in the parade or wait til they reach 20th street for their community circle! Just listen for those drums...

I will be at the reception for my solo exhibit "An Eclectic Collection" at Active Life Chiropractic 6:30-9:30. Then headed over to Urban Hive where I have a couple paintings in a group show. The Kimberly Trip will be performing an acoustic rock set til 10:30 if you're looking for some live music...

Enjoy your artwalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment